I’m pleased to report that after the mild disappointment I felt at the end of last session, this week’s game went really well.
I’ll say it up front: I was a bit disappointed with last night’s session.
With only two sessions until the end of the term (and thus the end of the game until September) I developed a fairly simple plot that I thought would be interesting. I also felt that if it wasn’t possible to resolve in two weeks then it was likely to give a good opportunity for a cliffhanger ending. Read more…
I decided to employ a weapon against the muggy heat that has been plaguing my games for the last couple of weeks: A desk fan. For a simple solution it was surprisingly effective. I was able to maintain my drive throughout the session and more importantly keep the players going as well. The group’s energy level dropped a bit in the middle of the game and I feared for a few minutes that everything was going to collapse into a soporific stupor Fortunately we were able to recover and move on to a strong end of the Atlantica mission.
This week’s session focussed on the cell’s efforts to locate Damon Brandt on Atlantica. As a result it felt a lot more low-key than the previous session, though this was exacerbated by the arrival of summer’s heat and the general level of player (and GM) tiredness.
Last session the team traced exsurgent Damon Brandt to the aquatic habitat Atlantica. They found he had dark-casted his ego there using the services of a criminal orca named Bandit. With this knowledge and the Mesh ID of a Firwall sentinel named Grey Man on Atlantica the team prepared to egocast there to catch the target before he could infect the habitat with the Dagon strain of the Exsurgent virus.
This is the first part of a series of logs relating to my experiences running my Eclipse Phase game “The Centre Cannot Hold”. The game has been running since Eclipse Phase was published in 2009, and focuses on a group of Firewall sentinels operating in and around the Locus habitat in the Jovian Trojans. The basic setup for the game and the characters can be read about here.
- RT @monteiro: It’d be helpful if @jack knew how many of us would be behind him in banning Trump from Twitter. Your support could be his res… 2 weeks ago
- The 2nd edition of Blue Rose, for which I wrote the Red Land microsetting, is out for pre-order + PDF at greenronin.com/blog/2017/01/1… #BlueRose 1 month ago
- 📷 This is a work of genius. tmblr.co/Z1g1Oy2H41w55 1 month ago
- Finally finished. Much fun though story slightly confusing from game alone. https://t.co/NAG4X8FIIR 1 month ago
- My tasteful chocobo, Avalon. https://t.co/x34fe9ykP2 1 month ago