So last week we ended the session with the krewe preparing to spring an ambush on the Strangers, a group of pain-obsessed Bound with whom they do not see eye to eye. For this reason I was expecting a session dominated by combat and did not spend much time planning out other activities for the evening. By now you will probably have noticed that a lack of preparation is a recurring motif of my games.
For those who don’t know, Geist: The Sin-Eaters is a game in which players portray those given a second chance at life. They died but were offered a bargain by a spiritual entity called a Geist. It would let them live again and in exchange they would share their life with it. The resulting gestalt of living flesh and deathly energies is called a Sin-Eater. Sin-Eaters are all able to see and interact with the dead and gain power by resolving or consuming the ghosts of the departed. They are also able to physically journey into the Underworld to seek forbidden knowledge and to interact with those long dead.
This game has been running since Geist was published in 2009 and features a group of Sin-Eaters in London who have recently bound themselves together into a krewe (s supernaturally bound group that channels energy from the Underworld) in the face of competition from two larger krewes. Their krewe has no official name as yet but the characters have also founded a company called Twilight Investigations which offers help with troubled spirits and other occult weirdness.
- RT @monteiro: It’d be helpful if @jack knew how many of us would be behind him in banning Trump from Twitter. Your support could be his res… 1 month ago
- The 2nd edition of Blue Rose, for which I wrote the Red Land microsetting, is out for pre-order + PDF at greenronin.com/blog/2017/01/1… #BlueRose 2 months ago
- 📷 This is a work of genius. tmblr.co/Z1g1Oy2H41w55 2 months ago
- Finally finished. Much fun though story slightly confusing from game alone. https://t.co/NAG4X8FIIR 2 months ago
- My tasteful chocobo, Avalon. https://t.co/x34fe9ykP2 2 months ago