It’s been a couple of weeks since I last found the time to write about my summer games. I’m pleased to say that both games have been going well. Here are my thoughts on the last two sessions of each game.
We managed to get a little bit more done in Monday’s game this week, though it still isn’t quite gelling for me yet. Baby Alexander is cute but very distracting and of course his mum and dad have to spend quite a bit of time keeping him happy, all of which makes it hard to stay focused.
I completely understand this and I knew what I was getting into when I agreed to run the game; I’m glad to give his parents a chance to play a game and regularly see some of their friends.
On to the Wednesday Dragon Blooded game!
Summer games can be tricksy beasts. Last Monday I ran the first part of my Part-Time Gods game and I found it somewhat unsatisfying for a variety of reasons, most of which were my fault (primarily a lack of proper preparation and insufficient system mastery). This week due to a couple of absences I didn’t run the game at all, so I haven’t much to report on my Monday summer game.
Last Wednesday, however, my players had the first opportunity to actually play their Dragon Blooded characters. If I were to sum up the end result in a single word it would be: Hilarious.
- RT @monteiro: It’d be helpful if @jack knew how many of us would be behind him in banning Trump from Twitter. Your support could be his res… 1 month ago
- The 2nd edition of Blue Rose, for which I wrote the Red Land microsetting, is out for pre-order + PDF at greenronin.com/blog/2017/01/1… #BlueRose 2 months ago
- 📷 This is a work of genius. tmblr.co/Z1g1Oy2H41w55 2 months ago
- Finally finished. Much fun though story slightly confusing from game alone. https://t.co/NAG4X8FIIR 2 months ago
- My tasteful chocobo, Avalon. https://t.co/x34fe9ykP2 2 months ago