I’ve Been Liebestered!
The rules are:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
This is fairly difficult for me because I really use this blog as a personal vanity project more than anything else, and I don’t have too many followers or other blogs to nominate. However, a wider audience is always welcome so I’m going to do my best!
After the jump I’ll answer the questions and then nominate some other bloggers for the Liebster awards and ask my own questions of them.
1. Why did you start blogging?
To force myself to write more. I’ve had a number of blogs and livejournals and so forth over the years but this is the only one that sees semi-frequent updates with new material. I think that’s because it’s not about me, but about things I’m interested in and enjoy writing about. Mostly that’s roleplaying games.
2. Cats, dogs, or neither?
Cats. While they are technically amoral psychopaths with razor-sharp claws and no compunctions about eradicating smaller, more helpless animals than them, I find something about cats enticing. Perhaps it’s the same thing that makes me be friends with people who have a big acerbic streak and who aren’t shy of dishing out genial, harmless abuse. Or perhaps it’s just that affection and purring from a cat feels earned rather than a given.
3. What author(s) do you obsessively read?
Terry Pratchett, Alastair Reynolds, Scott Lynch, Stephen King, Patrick Rothfuss, and many others.
4. How do you take your eggs?
I don’t, I buy them as any law abiding person would. After I acquire my eggs through perfectly legal channels I consume them either poached or scrambled.
5. What’s your favorite Winter Olympics sport?
I’m going to turn around and nominate the following blogs:
Um. That’s it for now (I told you I don’t follow many blogs). If I can think of some more worthy candidates later I’ll do that!
I know I only picked two blogs but I’m going to go ahead and ask all ten questions:
- When you’re writing, what’s your biggest bad habit?
- What’s your best trait as a writer?
- What’s the last book you really enjoyed and why?
- What’s the best book to film adaptation you’ve ever seen and why?
- What’s the WORST book to film adaptation you’ve ever seen and why?
- How do you motivate yourself to write on a regular basis?
- If you could kidnap any writer á la Misery and force him or her to write at your whim, who would it be and why?
- What’s your favourite joke?
- What do you think is the single biggest problem facing human society and why?
- Tell me one of your guilty pleasures. I won’t tell anyone.
- RT @monteiro: It’d be helpful if @jack knew how many of us would be behind him in banning Trump from Twitter. Your support could be his res… 1 month ago
- The 2nd edition of Blue Rose, for which I wrote the Red Land microsetting, is out for pre-order + PDF at greenronin.com/blog/2017/01/1… #BlueRose 2 months ago
- 📷 This is a work of genius. tmblr.co/Z1g1Oy2H41w55 2 months ago
- Finally finished. Much fun though story slightly confusing from game alone. https://t.co/NAG4X8FIIR 2 months ago
- My tasteful chocobo, Avalon. https://t.co/x34fe9ykP2 2 months ago